How to Install Stock Pre-Rooted ROM on Verizon Galaxy S3
The Verizon Galaxy S3 has been in the news ever since it was announced with the locked bootloaders. It surprises many of the developers and also created a challenge for them to root the phone. Thankfully, the hard work of the developers paid off and the root on Verizon Galaxy S3 was achieved with a simple tool. This time, we are going to talk about the Pre-Rooted Stock ROM for the Verizon Galaxy S3. If you have been looking for a pre-rooted Stock ROM with all the bloatware apps removed, then you are at the right place. We have got a such ROM and the following guide covers how you can flash it on your smartphone.
Please check the model number of your smartphone before flashing the ROM. Go to Menu>>Settings>>About phone and see if your device is Verizon Galaxy S3 and not anything else. Please charge your phone so it can have at least 60% battery life, as installing a ROM takes some time and if your phone gets turned OFF during this time, you may brick your device.
Once you are done with the above requirements, just head down to the pre-requisites section and grab the required files to begin installing the ROM.
- Download Galaxy S3 Drivers [Samsung Link]
- Download Odin Tool [MediaFire Link]
- Download the Stock ROM (Pre-Rooted)
Once you have grabbed all of the files mentioned above, follow the rooting steps given below.
Steps to Install Stock-Pre-rooted ROM on Verizon Galaxy S3:
- Download all the files mentioned above to any folder on your computer. Make sure you don’t put them in any deep folder.
- Double-click the Galaxy S3 Drivers file t start the drivers installation process.
- Go through step-by-step process to finish the drivers installation. Go ahead when you are done with the drivers.
- Extract files from the Odin Tool as well as Stock ROM ZIP archives to any folder on your PC. You can use 7-zip for this purpose.
- Pick your Galaxy S3 up and turn it OFF. Make sure you save any important files you were working with on your smartphone.
- Reboot your phone into the download mode. The download mode can be booted up on Galaxy S3 by pressing and holding Volume DOWN+Home+Power keys together.
- You will some kind of warnings on your screen. Press the Volume UP key to continue.
- Open up the Odin Tool by double-clicking on its executable file.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC using the USB cable. One of the boxes in the Odin will show that your smartphone has been recognized by your PC.
- Click on the PDA tab in the Odin and then navigate to the Stock ROM file you extracted earlier. Select it.
- Do NOT modify any options in the Odin, just hit the Start button to begin flashing ROM.
- The ROM will then be installed on your Galaxy S3 and your phone should reboot.
There you go, the ROM has now successfully been installed on your smartphone and will be running the pre-rooted ROM after your phone has rebooted.